Location: Arlington, VA; Cambridge, MA; Remote (flexible)
Netrias is a fast-growing Artificial Intelligence (AI) company that specializes in the application of machine learning models for data harmonization and curation. We apply these technologies within the biopharma and life sciences domains, and are increasingly expanding the domains and applications we can apply them to.
Netrias is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Netrias recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
We are seeking a talented Senior AI Research Scientist with a strong machine learning and data science background that can lead and contribute to the development of machine learning algorithms and technologies for term harmonization and curation. You will be working directly with the Chief Scientist in defining and executing the AI capabilities of the company.
Qualified candidates will:
- Significantly contribute to the design, development, and application of natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning (ML) technologies for term harmonization and curation
- Apply existing techniques or develop new techniques related to large language models (LLMs)
- Possess a firm understanding of data mining, statistical analysis, and machine learning methods
- Demonstrate experience in addressing scientific questions related to the evaluation of NLP models
- Collaborate with software engineers to implement, test, automate, and apply mathematical algorithms from research
- Experience working with Jupyter notebooks for model development, testing, and evaluation
- Knowledge of problem analysis, mathematical formulation, algorithm development, and model implementation
- Expert Proficiency in Python
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Masters degree or higher in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Bioengineering, or Masters degree or higher in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline. Biology or chemistry background is a plus
- 2+ yrs of industry relevant experience (can be substituted for postdoc experience)
- Familiarity with bioinformatics tools, genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, and/or metabolomics processing pipelines is a plus
- Familiarity with the fine-tuning of language models is a plus