Location: Cambridge, MA; Remote (flexible)
Netrias is a fast-growing Artificial Intelligence (AI) company that specializes in the application of machine learning models for biological applications such as genome engineering and drug discovery.
Netrias is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Netrias recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Netrias is developing a novel workflow technology to support the creation and processing of large datasets in the life sciences using AI techniques. We are seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to contribute to the development of this technology. Growth is available across the design, build, test, and implementation aspects of the software development life cycle.
Qualified candidates will:
- Work closely with a lead developer to design, develop, and implement new features for a bioinformatics workflow processing engine such as automatic data correction, joining,
and processing of heterogeneous data types
- The scope of work spans backend, frontend, and cloud/DevOps deployment
- Perform requirements analysis, system architecture design, code quality reviews
- Improve, deploy, and maintain infrastructure to ingest and process customer data
- BS or greater in CS, EE, Statistics, Math or a related field, 5+ years experience in
- Significant experience with 1 or more of Python, Java, or Scala
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous work with backend database and server-side technologies
- Experience in NGS and/or –omics data analysis
- DevOps/deployment experience across multiple target customers/platforms
- Bioinformatics experience: quality control methods, network analysis, and/or pathway
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Development practices
- Familiarity with containerized environments (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Mesos, etc.)
- Familiarity with AWS infrastructure